UPVC Windows Prices & Cost Guide
It is not as easy as you may think to find any accurate UPVC Windows prices online, and that can be put down to probably just 2 reasons.
The first is that installers don’t want to go into print and give their competition a benchmark to be able to undercut the prices on offer.
The second is more about the practical aspect in that, whilst the typical door is 2ft 6 inches x 6 ft 6 inches, very few houses have an “typical” sized window and the amount of work needed to remove the old and fit the replacement can be substantial – especially if the wall surrounding the opening are “out of square” or end up needing a lot of “making good”.
One such case will be where old sash windows are being replaced. If you are swapping to casement windows then the profile of the frames will be a lot slimmer and that means the inside reveals will probably need filling in and plastering to make good around the frames to fill in the gap – more labour & materials means more cost!
Other Price Influencing Factors
- Opening sections – some companies add a charge per opener
- Coloured Frames – you can expect to pay more for special colours or wood-grain finishes
- Special Glazing – energy efficient, obscure, patterned or leaded window options
- Window Energy Ratings – the highest rated most energy efficient windows can come at a premium price
- Design – Sash Windows generally cost more than casement windows
- Frames – the type of frame quality can vary
- Location – where you live can actually influence to price charged
- Window Furniture – locks & handles come in varying styles, materials & quality
It’s not all bad news, as the double glazing industry is very competitive and installers are keen to get your order and if you are prepared to take the time to collect 4 or 5 quotes to directly compare upvc windows prices, then you can very often negotiate a good deal.
As a rough guide, here are a few examples of the cost of upvc windows prices.
- Small house with 4 to 6 windows – from around £2,200 – £2,800 ( add at least £1,000 for Sash Windows)
- Medium house with 8 to 10 windows – from around £3,000 – £3,800 ( add at least £1,500 for Sash Windows)
- Large House 13 to 16 windows – from around around £5,200 – £6,000 ( add at least £2,000 for Sash Windows)
Extra Features add to cost
- Wood grain effect frames +20%
- Upgrade to ‘A’ rated Window Energy Ratings +/- 10%
- Coloured frames +/- 10%
How much do upvc casement windows fully fitted cost?
|Window approximate size||specification||Fitted prices|
|600 x 900 x 1 opener||B rated, white uPVC||£200 to £250|
|1200 x 1200 x 1 opener||B rated, white uPVC||£300 to £350|
|950 x 1500 x 1 opener||B rated, white uPVC||£450 to £500|
|Detached house 10/12 windows||B rated, white uPVC||£5,200 to £6,000|
How much do upvc casement windows cost for supply only?
|Window approximate size||specification||Supply only prices|
|600 x 1200 – 1 panel, 1 opening||B/C rated, white uPVC||£115 to £150|
|1200 x 1200 – 2 panel, 1 opening||B/C rated, white uPVC||£155 to £180|
|1200 x 1200 – 3 panel, 2 opening||B/C rated, white uPVC||£195 to £225|
|1800 x 1200 – 3 panel, 2 opening||B/C rated, white uPVC||£235 to £255|
|Style & Size||Material||Average Cost|
|Casement 60 x 90 cm||uPVC||from £192|
|Single Sash: 90 x 100 cm||uPVC||from £300 – supply only|
|Casement 94 x 160 cm||uPVC||from £250|
|Casement 3 bed house x 12 unit||uPVC||from £4,000|
How much does a Tilt & Turn Window Cost?
|Approx size – width x height||Basic Specification||Price guide – supply only|
|1200 x 1200 – single window||white upvc, C rated, double glazed||£260 to £360|
|1200 x 1200 – double panel, 2 opening||white upvc, C rated, double glazed||£320 to £450|
|3000 x 1200 – 3 pane 2 open||white upvc, C rated, double glazed||£570 to £660|
How much does a Bow or Bay Window Cost?
|Bay Window||Basic Specification||Price Guide|
|2500 x 1500 3 pane||uPVC White, double glazed||£1,000 to £1,500|
|3000 x 1500 mm 4 pane||uPVC White, double glazed||£1,500 to £1,800|
|4000 x 1500 mm 5 pane||uPVC White, double glazed||£1,900 to £2,600|
If you are thinking about using coloured or wood effect windows, you can probably look at an additional 10% to 20% increase in price
|Bow Window||Basic Specification||Price Guide|
|3500 x 3500 mm 5 pane||uPVC White, double glazed||£1,500 – £1,850|
|3500 x 4000 mm 5 pane||uPVC White, double glazed||£1,850 – £2,100|
|4000 x 4000 mm 5 pane||uPVC White, double glazed||£1,850 – £3,200|